Ordering a size smaller than you typically wear is recommended for Classic and Mid Rise as Jibs intentionally fit large in order for the un-lined soft Brazilian leather to naturally stretch and take on the unique shape of your foot.
Aka our special diamond perforations stretch as much, or as little, allowing for a unique fit to your exact foot shape.
We don’t do Jibs by halves, so, when it comes to sizing if you are between two sizes go smaller for a perfect fit. The ultra comfort that flexes between sizes is a result of the natural stretch in our biodegradable perforated leather.
You can anticipate your shoes to stretch up to half a size between an hour to a day of strolling the streets or beaches. Some say, like skinny jeans, if they are super snug at first, (but not painful) they then relax to a perfect glove-like fit. If they are too loose to begin with, they will then stretch and slip off your feet.
Extra tip for JIBS CLASSICS:
We intend for our Classics to be a little more on the casual side, a reflection of their Brazilian beachside heritage.
- If you are looking for a flip-flop alternative with a loose and free-wheeling vibe then your traditional loafer shoe size can work well.
- If you're going glam (metallic or full color) and looking for a slick solid strut then please move down a size and let the snugness of our leather give you that glove-like fit.
- If you're like our founder and enjoys the Jibs life from casual chic to rock climber adrenaline moments then also size down for best support across all moments you can get yourself into.
Extra tips for JIBS SLIM:
As per the name, these pointed beauties are a narrow fit than our other styles. They fit more true to size therefore:
- If you're a half size and have normal to wide feet, go up to the next size (a true 7.5 fits an 8)
- If you're a half size and quite narrow or low arch, go down a size (7.5 fits a 7)
Extra tips for JIBS MID RISE:
Our newest family member, and wow what a popular one! The taller version of our Classic is our most versatile style yet as it fits a wide variety of feet and ankle shapes.
- The taller ankle coverage with a cup like heel hold your foot in place well, whether slim or wide.
- At first go you may need to breath in as you squeeze your foot into the shoe opening then rest assured times two to ten thousand will feel effortless.
- For size selection follow our general guidelines, go down a size of a half size and aim for a snug barefoot feeling.
- For our sock wearing addicts, sure this style is best for you and buy true to size to allow for extra sock space.
Curious for half sizes? If you have an average to narrow foot, go for the size smaller (ex: size 7.5 go for 7). If you have a wide foot then move up a size (ex: size 7.5 go for 8).
JIBS INTERNATIONAL FIT GUIDE
Note that returns and exchanges are only provided on shoes worn minimally indoors: CLICK HERE to see full Returns & Exchanges policy.